Saturday, April 3, 2010

Medical Exam--DONE!!

Today was our medical appt on Shamian Island in Guangzhou. We left the hotel at around 9:30 and had visa pictures made for the children and went to their medical appointments. The medical is fairly routine stuff except for immunizations and a TB skin test. It is always just really crowded and hectic in the medical building but with our wonderful guide Rebecca everything moves so smoothly. She is so organized and in charge. We are so thankful for Rebecca. Adrian was very brave and did what he needed to do with no screaming or anything. Chris had Rebecca hold him while they did the TB skin test and the shots so that Chris could be the rescuer. That worked well. Thankfully he only had to get two shots. He cried but he quickly forgot about his boo boos when I pulled out the sucker and M&Ms.

After lunch at Lucy's I made a mad dash to pick up some things that I wanted to buy. Before we have always stayed on the island and I could go out anytime and shop. This time we are off the island so the only shopping that we can do is on our scheduled days. Thankfully I knew what I was going for. At 1 :30 we headed back to the hotel for naps. All three of our kiddos fell asleep --not before a few meltdowns (and I'm not talking about Adrian). During naps I went to meet with our guide to finish up paperwork. All the "hard" stuff is done. Yeah!!! The rest will be waiting on the visa and playing and shopping. On the agenda for the week is a trip to the Botanical Gardens and a trip to the zoo if the weather holds out. Rain is predicted every day this week. After naps we headed to the playroom here in the hotel with another family from Lifeline and then to Subway for supper.

We are all very tired but it is soooo good to know that most of it is done. Now we just have to get that visa so we can come HOME!!!

The Garden hotel is unbelievable. It is so nice. We are really enjoying being here.

I do have lots of pics from today but i'll have to upload later. I'm beat and I can hardly hold my eyes open . Time for bed.

7 comments:

  1. How great that the medical exam is done!! Yey!!! Rebecca was our guide too in Guangzhou! She is great! She was SO good when we got Elissa. I hope the rest of your time in Guangzhou goes well. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate.

    Still praying,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay the medical exam is behind you!
    Give Rebecca big hugs from the Ferrill family! And when you see the Bush's PLEASE tell them we can't wait to see them again! ;)
    Enjoy GZ and the Garden hotel! Is it the bomb or WHAT? We LOVED LOVED LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SO glad you have the medical behind you and Adrian only needed two shots. What a blessing! You can take a taxi to the Island to shop for about $5 U.S. dollars - you shop girl! We always took it from the Garden Hotel to The White Swan so the doormen could tell the driver where we needed to go. :0) We are praying with you for good weather and fun now!! Please give Rebecca and Miko (if she is with her) a BIG hug for us!!!! Love and Happy E!!! Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY EASTER! Im so thankful the medical exam is over. Our sweet Adrian is one special little boy. I cant wait to see you guys at the airport. Please give Ms. Rebecca and Lily (if she is also there) a big hug from the Green family.
    Blessings to all of you. You go shop...shop....shop.

    Love you
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that Adrian only had to have two shots....what a blessing. Will pray that the rain holds off this week so that you are able to enjoy some fun family outings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad those shots are over...I definitely don't look forward to that if we adopt again! Give Rebecca a hug from the Hammond family as well. We love some Rebecca!!!

    Have fun shopping!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanking G for His presence. Love hearing how Chris and Adrian are bonding... priceless! Prying you all make many memories and enjoy this time of family fun. When do you go to Disney???

    ReplyDelete