Thursday, April 1, 2010

Finally!!-April 1

Before I start, I have a huge pryer request. I got an email from the director at ND today saying that Adrian's foster mother started coughing up blood yesterday. She has been taken to the hospital for tests but they don't know what is going on. Please pry for her healing. They were about to place a very needy child in their home in Adrian's place since she is so good with the kids but that will have to wait.

It seems that G's timing is yet again perfect. I'm so thankful that we had that time with them. And Adrian is able to be with his forever family while she is sick. Please join us in prying for that family.


We were finally able to set foot outside the hotel today and do something different. We've now had breakfast as a family two days in a row with everyone eating something. We Praise the L for that blessing. It has been rough week. We then were taken by a guide to a museum that had a lot of Inner Mongolian history and some really cool dinosaur fossils. However, the dinosaurs were not the main attraction ---we were. People actually seemed more interested in us than some of the exhibits. We weren't in the door good and some people asked to take a picture of our family .

After that we went to a factory to buy a few things that looked Inner Mongolian. I went in and left the rest of the gang "patiently" waiting in the store. I actually did quite well making a very quick decision but Chris may not agree. He was the one in the van with the driver and 3 kids. Adrian and MaiLin actually fell asleep because they got up early. Of course this ruined Adrian's afternoon nap. Then we stopped by for Chris to run in and get Mc Donalds . ADrian cried the whole time Baba was gone. He gets really quiet and withdrawn when we leave the hotel but then when he realizes we aren't taking him anywhere he calms down. He definitely finds security in Chris. I'm not complaining. It's actually been nice at dinner and getting ready to go places to hear, "No, Baba do it". Don't get me wrong Adrian doesn't totally dislike me. He just prefers Chris when he's really sad or confused. That is really fine. He'll have plenty of time with me when we get home and Baba has to go back to work.

We were in the museum walking today and I was holding his hand and he said something that I didn't understand and the guide said, "He just said I love you to you". I questioned her again and she confirmed it. We've been telling him that back and then in Chinese he'll say , "Ming Ming loves Mama/Baba". What a G gift!!!! He's also been offering lots of kisses today.

This afternoon, Adrian was SUPPOSED to take a nap but his little cat nap in the van really messed him up . Chris left to go to the store to buy Adrian some shoes. His were coming apart. We traced his feet and cut them out so Chris could have an idea what to buy. He did good. Of course, while Chris was gone MaiLIn and I were trying to do school work, Adrian wouldnt' nap and AnnaLi had a meltdown. WElcome to life with 3 kids. Reality.

Tonight we ate again in the hotel restaurant . I'm sure they are all counting the days to we LEAVE!! During dinner some of the waitresses were coming up to Adrian and trying to talk to him. He totally ignored them and then would cut his eyes to make sure they had gone. That is really huge for attachment. Then when they left he would be himself again. You want them to not go to strangers or talk to them the same way they treat you.

After dinner it was bath and repacking the suitcases. We get Adrian's passprot tomorrow and leave for GZ--YIPPEE!!

Our flight number is CZ3198 from HOhhot to GZ. It is a direct flight which is blessing. We originally thought we had to go back to Beijing. We are so thankful for a direct flight. We arrive aroun 7 p.m. so tomorrow night should be fun :)

3 comments:

  1. First, I will pry for Adrian's foster mom and her family. I hope everything is okay.

    Sounds like you guys had a great day. How neat that you are getting to see Inner Mongolia. I know you will be glad to get to Guangzhou and then to Hong Kong for fun at Disneyland.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will pray for Adrian's foster mom; for complete healing for her!
    I have loved catching up on your updates! Your pics are GREAT! Adrian sounds so much like Kevin: the singing, chattering, loving chi-chas! Thank you New Day! Our children are SO very loved! And it shows!
    I know you can't wait for GZ! Let the shopping REALLY begin, huh?
    Praying for you all..and praising the Lord that everyone is feeling better!
    Love,
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for Adrian's foster mom for sure, G be with her!
    It sounds like you guys had a great day and I am so glad for all the bonding and attachments that G is blessing you all with!!
    Yeah for Guangzhou, you should be there by now-WooHoo!!
    Love and prayers to you, friend!! Love, Lee Ann

    ReplyDelete