We made it to Guangzhou tonight around 7 p.m. We are soooooo glad to be here. This is like an adoptive family's paradise. We are in a very nice hotel (we've never stayed here before) and we have a fantastic guide. We had her briefly before and everyone LOVES here. She is detailed and gave us an itinerary for the next 5 days. Wow, what a difference. We are so grateful to know what is going to happen.
Adrian did great on the flight here. He was nervous in the van on the way to the airport and pretty much clung to Chris the entire time. We kept telling him we were going all together. Once we got to the airport he seemed secure in that. And, on the plane he was the same way. Once we got in the van on the way to the hotel he started to zone out abit again but once we arrived "all together" he was fine . We got everyone ready for bed and he went right to bed just as happy as he could be.
He is doing so awesome. He is one brave little boy.
Tomorrow we go for Adrian's medical exam. They will look him over , weigh him etc. But, the hard part is that he has to have a TB skin test. We already know that it is negative but we have to have it done again. Then he will probably have to get several shots (immunizations). This is a new part of this process that really is due to a fluke and a loop hole in the U.S. law re: immigrants and the immunizations that they must have before entering the country. There was no provision in the law for adopted children who have American parents. Please pray that he doesn't have to have many. And pray that he will not be traumatized by the whole thing.
When he needs security, Chris is the one he turns too. Although he has asked for a me a few times. Tomorrow I think Baba will be the one attending the medical appt :). AFter the medical appt----SHOPPING!!!!! I'm in desperate need of some retail therapy after this last week. And we didn't spend a lot of money in Hohhot so I need to make up for lost time :).
We are really exhausted so we are going to bed. Sorry, no pics today. Eleven pieces of luggage, three kids, security checks, carrying luggage, keeping everyone happy=no time for pics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad you have made it to Guangzhou safely. I will be prying for little Adrian regarding his medical exam. Bless his heart! I hope you enjoy your time doing some well deserved shopping!
ReplyDeleteSo happy you are moving on to the more enjoyable part of the trip....i.e., hopefully no more sickness AND some shopping! :) Will pry for sweet Adrian through the shots. Bless his heart! Sounds like he is being such a brave little guy. Just can't wait to meet him! Will pry for Chris also...not easy being the one watching the pain.
ReplyDeleteso glad you are in Guangzhou now! I loved the photos of the museums, very interesting to see. :)
ReplyDeleteHoping Adrian doesn't need ANY immunizations.
...and might I add:
ReplyDeleteone week of sickness and adjusting to a new child plus finally arriving in GZ = SHOPPING GALORE! ;)
Enjoy, Shawna!
Yeah - Guangzhou!!!!! You were so right when you told me it would get better there. I know you will have a great time shopping. And if you go into the White Swan Jewelry store, make sure you mention our name, they will come down on their prices. :0) We bought way too many gifts there. :0) If you have Rebeccah, please tell her we said "hello!" And Starbucks is across the street - WooHoo!!!!! Love to you all! Lee Ann (I so wish I bought myself pearls and more shoes at Sherry's - Shop Girl, SHOP!!!!)
ReplyDeleteAhhhh....Guangzhou! What a welcome change!! LOL Have a great time shopping!! whoo-hoo! Hope everyone continues to stay well.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Monica
Gotta love Guangzhou....so glad you all made it safe and sound. Glad that Chris is able to comfort Adrian....we all need our Daddy's to be our protectors.
ReplyDelete