Saturday, March 27, 2010

An Amazing Day

Sorry that the posting of pics and the blog posts are so late but we have had some internet issues.

Today has been an amazing day. Our G is such a big G and at work in all things. We left this a.m. to walk through the village to Adrian's foster home to visit and have lunch. Walking down any Chinese village is a journey in itself and very eye opening. The girls didn't say a whole lot . We just tried to get there without being hit by cars or flattened with a moped or bicycle. Thankfully our G is our protector!!!

We arrived in the home and Adrian and Evan were soooooo excited we were there. The foster father gave them bread to bring to us. Adrian immediately ran over and began feeding me and calling us MaMa and BaBa (father in Chinese). He tried to feed us all. The girls wouldn't participated so he proceeded to smash an orange in MaiLin's face. It was so funny. He was climbing in our laps and so happy to see us. He continually tried to feed me rolls, watermelon, oranges , and anything else he could find. It was very cute. Any of you who know anything about attachment know this is HUGE. This is one thing you try to get them to do to promote attachment. He also loved ride-a-horsey and would face both Chris and I and look us straight in the eye and just laugh and giggle. He is such a ham!

Then AnnaLi crawled up in my lap and grabbed my lips and started doing a little game that I do with her where I quack like a duck. Well, then Adrian tried and again just laughed. He also did it to MaiLin and would say Jie Jie Quack Quack or MaMa quack quack.

The foster mother made homemade Jiaozi (dumplings) for us and taught us how to make them. The girls LOVED helping. It was such an incredible experience for them. Those dumplings were incredible and AnnaLi chowed down. It was the best she's eaten since we left home. I've got to learn to make them. After a great lunch (no I didn't try the sheep meat--lamb), the kids went out in the courtyard to play and the adults sat around and talked. We exchanged many sentiments of thankfulness for the other. They were saying how they were so thankful that Adrian was going to our family . The foster father told us that he was so thankful that two families could eat around the table and be brought together like this. We will always be very connected to this family where a foster mother was prying for a special family for her little boy and we were prying for our son. G was answering and ordaining for both of us long before this meeting today. What an awesome miracle to witness and be a part of.

The foster mother shared some adorable photographs of Adrian that were taken professionally and paid for by his sponsor. They were soooooo adorable. I'm so thankful she will have those beautiful memories of him. As we were saying our thanks again and she teared up, I asked the girl who came with us to translate if it would be ok (culturally) for me to hug her. She said certainly. What a sweet picture. Then as we were both teary we turned to see ADrian looking at us and she said to him "Two MaMas" . How true this is. He will always have two. One that cared for him in the early days and saw all of his firsts. One who loved him unconditionally and held him when he cried in the night. One who never let him out of her site from the day he came to be in her home. This incredible woman of strength that I hope I can continue to be for him.

Now the second MaMa to take him on the rest of this journey of life. A forever family to love him and welcome him to their forever home. Two jie jies that LOVE their little brother. Yes, we will always remember one another and hopefully meet again someday on this earth. We were invited to return as guests to their home anytime. WE are always welcome. IF not on this earth I know that we will meet again in eternity. What an incredible hope and peace that we have in our L and Sav. JC.

We said our goodbyes and walked back down through the village. As I walked I had to control the tears and the emotions. This home we visited was so modest--not fancy or beautiful in its outward appearance. But, the spirit and love there and the joy and peace that was evident was one that transcended any outward beauty and made it truly beautiful . If only we could all grasp this. You know I was really worried about how the girls would do or what they would say about the home. But, they were incredible and I think it is because they too felt the peace that covered any outward flaws.

We returned to ND to rest before our little bundle of energy joined us for playtime again at 3. We had another great time playing in the back courtyard . Adrian has become quite possessive today . Chris was holding AnnaLi and he walked up and said (in Chinese of course), "no, my BaBa". Also, on the playground another visitor tried to push him on a riding toy but he quickly told them no that BaBa would do it. If I am not close by for any reason, I hear Adrian call for "MaMa"--always making sure I was close. His little voice is so cute and he just talks in Chinese all the time.

The time came for the afternoon to end. As Adrian's foster mother road up in her bike, I pointed her out and he ran to her with excitement. Of course, it should be no other way. But, you could tell he was in great conflict--wanting to go with her and wanting to stay with us. Oh how we wish it could be both. Oh how we wish we could bring his GeGe with us (Evan). But, G's plan is perfect and I'm not to question it but rest in his plans and purposes. As we gave he and Evan balloons that a new friend of ours made for them, we said our goodbye's. His foster mother once again told him to kiss me. He smiled with the biggest smile and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I went to give him one on the cheek and he puckered to give me a big fat one on the lips. And then we watched them walk away to enjoy one last night together.

Tomorrow morning someone from ND will pick Adrian up from his home and bring him here to the guest house where we will leave for the airport. We all have prepared for this day from both sides. We have all thought we were ready. I just pry that in the a.m. we all have the strength to get through it.

Please pry for Adrian as he leaves his comfort and only home that he has ever known and people who have loved him so dearly. Please pry for Evan who knows Adrian is leaving on a plane but has no idea what that means in his little life. Please pry for his first MaMa and BaBA as they lose their precious little boy. And, pry for us as a family that we can somehow ease the pain for him in the midst of the grief that is inevitable. OH, the peace that passeth all understanding is the only thing we can hold onto.

As I finish tonight, I think about the countdown calendar that Adrian's foster mother gave to us today. It is a calendar ND prepared for him with the days marked off until we come to get him. ON the day of our arrival there is a picture of us. For tomorrow there is a picture of him and an airplane. Each day before today, he was to put a sticker. Today his foster mother let me help him put the last sticker on before the journey tomorrow.

Her last words to us today were said without a translator but they needed no translation. As she spoke in Chinese she motioned so we could understand. She said, "I give him to you but I will always have him in my heart." ONe of the ND employees said it best, " True love is always a sacrifice." What an incredible sacrifice this precious woman has given and what a wonderful gift we have received.

10 comments:

  1. Okay Shawna, tear jerker-day 2. This is just SO amazing. It is SO incredible how G has worked this out and has ordered this whole thing. You are having amazing experiences. It is SO great that Adrian is already interacting with you guys in such a positive way.We will be prying for Sunday. I know that has the potential to be a tough day.

    Love you guys,
    Lewis,Pam,Emily, Ellie, and Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly with Pam! You didn't prepare me for this one!!! I'm a mess in tears yet again today. What a precious time you shared today and one I know you will never forget! I am so thankful to be participating in it through the blog! THANKS!
    Will be prying this evening as it will be Sunday for you. G has paved the way and gone before every situation thus far...I cannot believe tomorrow will be any different! Not without sorrow and challenges, but H WILL give the peace that passes ALL understanding! Love and Hugs to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it! I said I wasn't going to cry this time but the tears started almost immediately! I just want to hug you.....

    Love -
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shawna, what an awesome God we have! How incredible that you got to spend time with Adrian's foster family in their home. What a gift to all of you that you will never forget. We'll be lifting you all up in prayer this evening! Congratualtions!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what an awesome thing she said, and so true. I am in awe at how things are going, and I so wish all adoptions could be like this. thanks so much for sharing, and I'm praying for you all...especially both Mamas in the days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Shawna! TEARS!
    So bittersweet...so precious...so full of LIGHT--Adrian is certainly so blessed to have had such a wonderful beginning.
    My heart breaks for you all, for him, for his foster parents; but my heart rejoices in the new hope and new life that he will soon have.
    I am praying RIGHT NOW (it's Sun. morning for yall) that the Lord's peace will wash over you all, over Adrian, over his foster parents, over Evan. May He rain down grace and mercy by the bucketfuls.
    Love
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are checking the blog often, and thinking of you constantly. Prayed last night for all of you and the other family, but especially for Adrian and Evan. I can't wait to meet that precious little boy! ~ Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been able to breathe all week b/c of a cold...and guess what? You are not helping!!! When I cry it just makes it worse :) I can't wait to read your posts every day. Thank you for giving us such great details...it's almost like we are there with you.

    Still praying...

    Love,

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could barely read this for the tears!! Know that I am prying for you all during this transition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shawna,

    I just read your entire trip to pick up Adrian, and I hope you will be excited to know that we just accepted a referral for Adrian's foster brother, Evan. I don't know you at all, but I feel like we just became family! :) I would love to keep in touch with you, and keep the boys in touch! My e-mail address is: scjchardy@yahoo.com

    My blog is www.waitingforbabypandabear.blogspot.com

    I haven't announced it at all yet on our blog or to anyone outside our family yet because my sister and all of my husband's family are away (my sister, overseas) and we have not been able to tell them yet. So, please don't say anything on my blog just yet. But, PLEASE DO e-mail.......we are looking forward to getting to know you!!!

    Jenna :)

    ReplyDelete