Wow, what can I say. My mind is just spinning, spinning , spinning. The past few weeks have been exciting and busy. After getting all of our itinerary finalized I could really focus on the gathering of stuff, washing of laundry, washing of laundry, washing of laundry, and finishing up work stuff. Then this weekend I have begun the task of trying to make it all fit into a suitcase. It is quite the challenge to pack this time due to the extremes in weather.
The other two times we traveled to China it was summer time. That is easy--shorts and t-shirts, tennis shoes and flip-flops. This time it is not so easy. Not only am I packing for five people this time, the weather is going to be two different extremes.
We will leave Wed a.m. and fly to Chicago. We will then board our long flight to Beijing China around 1:00 p.m. This flight is a 14 hour flight (should be fun :)). We arrive in Beijing sometime on Thurs afternoon. We will travel about an hour to New Day where we will stay until Sunday March 28th. The weather in Beijing is much like it is here right now. On March 28th we will travel to Hohhot , Inner Mongolia where it is COLD. The highs will be in the 40's and lows in the teens. We will need coats, gloves, scarfs, hats (you get the idea). We will stay in Hohhot until Friday April 2. We will then fly to Guangzhou where the highs are in the 80's. I have packed EVERYTHING in ziploc bags, rolled them, squeezed them, sat on them, etc to get all the air out. I even had to go by more ziplocs yesterday. If I disappear someone check to make sure I haven't been stuffed in a ziploc bags with all the air squeezed out of me :0.
Right now I 'm nervous, excited, still in shock, and the list goes on. This has been such a God thing from Day 1 (even before day 1 of our adoption). He has been preparing our hearts and I believe the heart of Adrian for a long time for us to become a family. The Lord has moved mountains for this little boy on our behalf so we have to trust that He has this all under control. Right now we are "Leaning, Leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms, safe and secure from all alarms. Leaning, leaning , leaning on the everlasting arms!!!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is all Soooo Exciting!! Can't wait to see pictures. Have fun and we will be praying for y'all this week as you travel.
ReplyDeleteBlessings to the five of you!
Lyn
I'm leaning with you Shawna! And praying for you all the way and everyday! Zeph. 3:17!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Laine
Are you going to be home tomorrow? I need to swing by your home and sneak a tiny little something in your bag. ;)
ReplyDelete