Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Gotcha Day to Remember-March 28

Leaving New Day.

At the hotel in Hohhot after the whirlwind paperwork. I dressed
the girls alike, but had no idea that Adrian's foster
mother would dress him in yellow.


It will be official on Monday, but this is another family
picture of us. I feel as tired as I look.


A few bright spots in the day.


The kids loved playing in the water fountain
in the hotel. I probably shouldn't have let them do it, but oh well.
It was cute and they were in one place.


Yes, it was a day to remember alright. But, what I remember I'm afraid is not that it was the day we got Adrian. I'm tired and probably don't have a lot of time until Adrian wakes up but I'll give you the one two three of it.
1.) Adrian was a little confused in the a.m. but did better as the day went on. He missed his nap so he was WILD in the hotel room. Also, he has probably never seen anything like this --ever.

2.) Our flight into Hohhot was bumpy and wobbly at best. We bounced onto the runway for a landing. It was a horrible landing . Even Chris agreed. Both girls were complaining of nausea but I thought it was the flight.

3.) We were rushed to the hotel and into the business center to sign papers. It had to be 95 degrees in there and I had two that weren't feeling well.

4.) We barely made it to the room before everything came unglued (enough said--you figure it out) for AnnaLi. I thought it was the flight until she spiked 100 degree temp. MaiLin continued to complain of not feeling well.

5.) After a change of sheets, towels, etc. I moved them and myself to a plastic table cloth on the floor to sleep with a garbage bag and ziploc bags nearby-------FUN! I slept about 1-2 hours all night.

6.) Chris and I are both not feeling well. I had a bit of temp but don't think I'm going to be sick like they were. Chris is fighting it.

7.) We have to be somewhere at 9 this a.m. to finalize the adoption. Not so sure how this is going to work out. Probably will have to do it in shifts.

8.) Adrian did cry a pitiful little cry before bed but finally sang himself to sleep. I was able to hold and comfort him . He woke up crying in the middle of the night while I was on the floor holding one and patting the other.
Chris was able to comfort him and he went back to sleep.

So, we NEED PRYER BIG TIME!!!!! Please pray that this will all be over soon and I can disinfect the room and Chris and I will not get sick. I can deal with fever and an unsettled tummy but mommy cannot be in the shape the girls were in.

So, maybe I will lose that 10 lbs I was hoping for on the trip :). Have to look at the positive where you can. I'm so thankful for the miracles we have already been given throughout this process and trip or I would have been in tears last night thinking WHAT HAVE WE DONE!!!

Adrian really is a delight. He is busy and funny and talks a lot and eats a lot. We do have a few "twos " behaviors that we are working on even now. WE just can't let him think its funny. ONce we tell him "no, no" he'll say it back to us. I've taught him to sign "more" and say it. He says it with a little Chinese tone inflection. It is adorable. I'm convinced he'll be speaking some English by the time he returns. HE is VERY intelligent and doesn't miss a thing.

Thanks so much for all of you. I couldn't do this without knowing I have a great family and friends lifting us up.

We are going to be ok. This will pass and we will get laundry done and look back on this and laugh (sort of like the honeymoon story) . But, I'm sure it may take a while :).
Obviously I didn't have time to send pics. Wonder why?

10 comments:

  1. Shawna, how neat that G has given you the numerous confirmations so you can remember those when times are tough. That is SO neat that Adrian's foster mom dressed him in the same color as the girls. I hope everyone feels better soon. We are still thinking about and praying for you guys.

    Hang in there,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you all to get healthy soon and STAY healthy!!!! {HUG}

    Definitely a day to remember for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the kids in their matching yellow!!

    We are lifting you up before the Throne tonight...praying for sweet rest and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the family pictures and his sweet smile. We will be praying for each of you. For healing, rest, peace and comfort. Thank you for updating us on your memorable Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet and adorable pictures! And what an experience G gave you all to remember each other! We are so excited for you all and praying for health!!!! Love, Hugs, and Prayers to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawna

    Love the pictures of your beautiful family. We will be praying for healing over all of you and that you are all able to get the much needed rest you all need.

    We will also pray for Adrian as he is going through his grieving process. We all know that this is a good thing but it certainly doesn't make it easy on any of you.

    Our G is good and he is working all around your family.
    Praying, praying, praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lord please bring quick healing to this entire family!

    Adrian is adorable! I can see that sparkle in his eye already! I love how the children at ND don't seem to have that "lost" look in their eyes. They just shine because of the love that's been poured into them!

    Praying for you all! Your positive outlook is a testimony! That's the way to be thankful in ALL things!

    Love
    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shawna...I'm Lauren's friend, Trish, from Macon, GA. I'm praying SO hard for all of you right now but especially for Adrian and his "first family". I have a little boy Adrian's age and I can't imagine the pain associated with the seperation - for him and his foster mother. I hope you're all feeling better soon and I'm tremendously thankful to be able to witness your journey. This says a lot to me: God's Will will not take you where His grace will not protect you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for healing for you all! The pictures are just precious! Adrian is adorable!

    Blessings,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there! We will be praying for you guys. Adrian is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete